CovalentWorks has completed testing for thousands of suppliers and over a thousand of their EDI hub trading partners. We have learned what makes the process work from both sides: the supplier side and the hub side.
Problems we have seen during many implementations include:
- Onboarding of suppliers is an intensely manual process. Many emails, and sometimes phone calls, are needed to submit tests and get results.
- The elapsed time for testing is much too long.
- “Who has the next step” is a source of confusion and has to be constantly monitored.
- When testing is outsourced to third parties, the testing fees charged to suppliers are expensive and frequently generate animosity. It is hard for suppliers to understand why they should have to pay for testing against the hub’s guidelines. We hear this over and over.
- Non-EDI capable suppliers are confused and not able to easily implement an EDI solution.
eSupplierWorksTM addresses the above problems with a comprehensive self-service online EDI portal. It is a solution for hubs that makes EDI easy for them by radically reducing the labor required to onboard new suppliers.
eSupplierWorksTM does not require an army of consultants to contact and test suppliers. It enables the hub to be in control of the pace and scope of supplier onboarding. Supplier outreach is enabled with supplier relationship management features. There are never any testing fees for suppliers to pay.
How eSupplierWorksTM Is Different
We do the heavy lifting of setting up the EDI document validation rules in the portal according to your guidelines. Your existing EDI maps are unaffected.
EDI capable suppliers have self-service available online 24 X 7 rather than waiting on manual communication of tasks and manual feedback on testing results.
eSupplierWorksTM enables efficient self-service for you and your suppliers. Suppliers can do testing by themselves online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are in control of the testing process rather than depending on a third party. Consequently, there is no third party company calling your suppliers and requiring expensive testing fees. Suppliers do not ever have to pay for testing with eSupplierWorksTM.
eSupplierWorksTM has a database that supports easily determining the status for each supplier. Management reports are just a click away. Reporting on status and exceptions gives you the visibility you need to manage the pace of supplier outreach and onboarding.
eSupplierWorksTM is secure and reliable. CovalentWorks has passed an SSAE 16 audit.