EDI Solutions for Kmart
Kmart was originally founded in 1899 as SS Kresge Corporation but was changed to Kmart in 1977. The company operates as a discount department store with close to 1,000 stores located throughout the United States. Kmart are the 3rd largest discount store worldwide, behind only Walmart and Target.
Items cover a wide range of products such as clothing, linen, jewelry, housewares, tools, electronics, toys, etc.
EDI documents are communicated through a transmission method called a VAN (Value Added Network). The following EDI document types and labels are mandatory for Kmart and have been fully tested by CovalentWorks for exact compliance with Kmart’s EDI specifications.
Kmart/SHC EDI Requirements
- 810 Invoice
- 812 Credit Debit Adjustment
- 816 Organizational Relationships
- 820 Payment Remittance Advice
- 830 Planning Schedule with Release Capability
- 846 Inventory Inquiry Advice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 855 Purchase Order Response
- 856 Advanced Ship Notice
- 860 Purchase Order Change
- 864 Text Message
- 867 Product Transfer and Reorder
- 869 Order Status Inquiry
- 870 Order Status
- 879 Price Change UCS
- 997 Acknowledgement Document
- GS1-128 (formerly called UCC-128) bar code shipping labels
Kmart’s suppliers use several label types when a purchase order is fulfilled. They include:
- Pack 1 SKU SBT for SBT flow path
- Pack 1 SKU
- Pack Multiple SKU’s
- Tare 1 SKU
- Tare Multiple SKU’s
- DC Stock GTIN14
- Combo PACK
- Combo TARE
- Carton Only
- Carton Only and BOL (Bill of Lading) number will not show (optional on label)
- Carton Only2 Ship To DC with Store number in “Marked For”
- Pallet Only
- Reverse Combo PACK
- Reverse Combo PACK with no BOL number
- EMP Pack
- EMP; Carton label with no Customer Name section; ST XREF
- EMP Tare
- Tare1 EMP Pallet label with no Customer Name section
The ASN (Advance Shipping notice) will have extensive information about the items that are being shipped, the packing structure used, and how the product is being transported. For example, the gross weight, shipping carrier name, Bill of Lading number, carrier name, your full name, your email address, shipped date, and schedule delivery date will be included as well as information directly from the purchase order.
Kmart uses the SOPI and SOTI format for ASN’s. SOPI is mainly used for shipments with more than one item type and SOIP is used for shipments that have only one item type.
An SOPI (Shipment, Order, Pack (carton) and Item) ASN is also known as “Pick and Pack” because more than one type of item can be picked from the supplier’s shelves and packed into the same carton.
The SOTI packing structure is like the SOPI packing structure, except that the carton information is replaced by pallet information.
Below are a few samples: