Sears EDI Compliance
Sears was established in 1886 in Chicago, Illinois as a mail order department store that operated in the United States and Canada. The company has grown to about 800 stores in the U.S. and was ranked as the 5th largest department store by sales in 2013.
Sears sells a wide variety of products such as clothing, shoes, bedding, furniture, appliances, tools, electronics, school supplies, office supplies and more.
EDI documents are transmitted over a VAN (Value Added Network). Below are the EDI document types and labels that are required by Sears and which have been fully verified by CovalentWorks for accurate compliance with their EDI requirements.
Sears EDI Requirements
- 810 Invoice
- 812 Credit Debit Adjustment
- 816 Organizational Relationships
- 820 Payment Remittance Advice
- 830 Planning Schedule with Release Capability
- 846 Inventory Inquiry Advice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 855 Purchase Order Response
- 856 Advanced Ship Notice
- 860 Purchase Order Change
- 864 Text Message
- 867 Product Transfer and Reorder
- 869 Order Status Inquiry
- 870 Order Status
- 879 Price Change UCS
- 997 Acknowledgement Document
- GS1-128 (formerly called UCC-128) bar code shipping labels
Sears requires many different types of labels depending on how suppliers are shipping product. The label types include:
- Direct to Store - Pack 1SKU SBT for SBT flow path
- Direct to Store - Pack 1SKU SBT_1 for SBT flow path, pull Ship To Address from ASN not XREF
- Direct to Store - Pack 1 SKU
- Direct to Store - Pack 1 SKU C
- Direct to Store - Pack Multiple
- Direct to Store - Tare 1 SKU
- Direct to Store - Tare Multiple
- Direct to Store - RSOS Pack
- Distribution Center - Stock GTIN14
- Distribution Center - StockGTIN14 C, Buyer Item No. and Manufacturer Item No. in vendor's section
- GS128 – Combo PACK
- GS128 - Combo TARE
- JIT - Carton Only
- JIT - Carton Only 1, BOL # will not show (optional on label)
- JIT - Carton Only2; Ship To DC with Store # in Marked For
- JIT - Pallet Only
- JIT - Pallet Only1, BOL # will not show (optional on label)
- Reverse Combo - PACK
- Reverse Combo - PACK no BOL
- Stock GTIN14, Ship To on label is from PO (NOT ASN)
- EMP - Pack - Copy
- EMP - Pack1; Carton label with no Customer Name section; ST XREF
- EMP – Tare
- EMP - Pallet label with no Customer Name section
The ASN (Advance Shipping Notice) will contain comprehensive information about the packing of the products that are being sent to Sears and as well as transportation information. For example, the gross weight, SCAC code, shipping carrier name, Bill of Lading number, your full company name, your email address, shipped date, and scheduled delivery date will be included in addition to data that comes from the purchase order.
Sears uses the SOPI, SOTI format for ASN’s.
An SOPI (Shipment, Order, Pack (carton) and Item) ASN is also known as “Pick and Pack” because more than one type of item can be picked from the supplier’s shelves and packed into the same carton.
The SOTPI packing structure stands for Shipment, Order, Tare (pallet), Pack (carton), and Item. SOTPI is like the SOPI packing structure, except that the cartons are in turn loaded onto one or more pallets/slips.